Friday, August 20, 2010

Now

It's black. Marrow drips from my blade like warm death, and I curse the river of time that brought me here. To this wretched moment. This doom. This forsaken birthplace of shadows that stalk stars. Of moons to a planet I once called home.

She stares across the room. She doesn't see me. The man waiting. Eating the moments in between like bile rising in his throat. I have to kill her. I've crossed dimensions. Died, and been reborn. Just to end up here. Waiting in the dark. Covered in grit. Chest torn. Waiting to kill a privileged child that cursed mankind forever. A child with blond curls and soft blue eyes.

She looks like Mika. My own daughter that would die by her hand. Like all the worlds in this galaxy. Blue eyes. What a color.

It reminds me of the last time I saw her, crying Daddy under the moon by the ocean. Turning everything blue. It will always remind me of the last moment, just before she was infected. Before she became one of them.

No comments: