Saturday, August 21, 2010

Here

The shores of existence wrap around endless sound. All of the creatures stir. Nightmares, daydreams, they dance like melting ice. My mind begins to thaw. How did I end up here? On a ship in the middle of the ocean.

The white dress clinging to my thighs moves like shadows across my frame. Blond curls whip my face. The storm in the distance pulls a ribbon from my hair. It makes it's way to the water. One fleck of color in the grey.

The deck's lit up like a carnival. Silence. An empty theme park. Only the waves and the fast beating of my heart. And a clock. Tick. Tick. First fast, then slow.

Alone. And yet, I've been here before. Waiting. Waiting...for him. I don't know who he is, or why it's the same dream. Here I stand. Here I wait.

A smell. Musk and blood. The sun's devoured in the storm. He 's coming.

No comments: